||When is the booking binding?
- The booking is binding as soon as Old Garden Apartments has sent a booking confirmation and the tenant pays the booking fee (50% of the total price).
- The booking fee must be paid within 14 days after receiving verification of reservation.
- The advertised rental fees include a booking fee. The booking fee includes 25% VAT.
- The remaining portion of the rent must be paid by at latest one month before arrival by bank transfer. Note that the transaction fee of the bank is paid by the tenant.
- The total amount has to be paid immediately for bookings which are made 1-4 weeks before arrival.
- The total amount has to be paid cash at arrival for booking which are made 1 day- 1 week before arrival. Swedish Business customers will be invoiced with 30days payment.
What happens if payment is not made in time?
- If the booking fee is not paid in time (see verification of reservation) the booking will be cancelled. Please contact Old Garden Apartments if you have not received a verification of reservation confirmation within 48 hours of making the booking. Please control the spam filter for emails from Old Garden Apartments.
- If the remaining rent is not paid in time, then this is considered a cancellation from the part of the guest. See “cancellation rules”
- Cancellations must be made in writing or by email to Old Garden Apartments.
- To make the cancellation valid, Old Garden Apartments has to confirm the cancellation by email to you.
- If cancellations are made earlier then 30 days before arrival, the guest only pays the booking fee.
- When cancellations are made later than 30 days prior arrival, then the deposit fee and 100% of the remaining rent must be paid.
- If cancellations are made for bookings 1 day – 1 week before arrival Old Garden Apartments will invoice the full amount.
What if I want to change a booking?
- When changing a booking there will be an additional cost of 500 SEK. When changing a booking within 40 days of arrival the above fee has to be paid.
The duties of the tenant
- At the time of the booking you assure that you are legally adult and at least 18 years.
- Be careful with the accommodation. You must observe any specific rules, directives or regulations for the rented residence.
- You are responsible for all damage during the rental period to the accommodation (exterior and interior) caused by you, those accompanying you or anyone you have invited due to carelessness or not.
- You may only use the accommodation for the purpose agreed upon when booking (normally as holiday accommodation). You cannot let more people or animals stay over night in the residence, or its premises, then the numbers stated in the booking confirmation.
- Smoking indoors is strictly forbidden unless explicitly allowed in the booking confirmation. If this rule is broken you have to pay for smoke cleanup.
War, natural disasters, strikes etc.:
- Old Garden Apartments have the right to withdraw from the lease if the accommodation cannot be used due to war, natural disasters, power and water failure over a longer period of time, strikes, fire or similar occurrences that neither the tenant nor the landlord can affect. In this case then tenant will, as soon as possible, be given back what was paid – with a deduction for any use that the tenant may have had of the accommodation.